Because every drop counts, there are some tips to improve your gas mileage
1. Maintain a steady speed: Consistency is key when it comes to conserving fuel. Try to maintain a constant speed as much as possible, and avoid sudden starts and stops.
2. Check tire pressure: Underinflated tires can decrease fuel efficiency, so make sure your tires are properly inflated.
3. Keep your vehicle well maintained: Regular tune-ups, oil changes, and air filter replacements can make a big difference in fuel efficiency.
4. Use the recommended fuel: Check the owner’s manual to see the recommended fuel for your vehicle and use it consistently.
5. Don’t overload your vehicle: Excess weight will decrease fuel efficiency, so avoid carrying unnecessary items in your car.
6. Use cruise control: When driving on the highway, use cruise control to help maintain a consistent speed and conserve fuel.
7. Plan your route: Avoid heavy traffic and congested areas if possible, and try to take the most direct route to your destination.
8. Turn off the engine: If you’re idling for more than a minute or two, turn off the engine to conserve fuel.
9. Pay attention to aerodynamics: Avoid driving with windows and sunroofs open, as this can decrease aerodynamics and increase fuel consumption.
10. Combine trips: Plan your errands so you can make multiple stops in a single trip, rather than making multiple trips throughout the day.
Safe Travels, Abbey Icon
DOT Mobile Express®
We offer special services and pricing for Fleet Services, as we are there on your schedule when your fleet is idle.
Getting Ready for your DOT Annual Inspection – Steps to Take – Checklist