Because every drop counts, there are some tips to improve your gas mileage
1. Maintain a steady speed: Consistency is key when it comes to conserving fuel. Try to maintain a constant speed as much as possible, and avoid sudden starts and stops.
2. Check tire pressure: Underinflated tires can decrease fuel efficiency, so make sure your tires are properly inflated.
3. Keep your vehicle well maintained: Regular tune-ups, oil changes, and air filter replacements can make a big difference in fuel efficiency.
4. Use the recommended fuel: Check the owner’s manual to see the recommended fuel for your vehicle and use it consistently.
5. Don’t overload your vehicle: Excess weight will decrease fuel efficiency, so avoid carrying unnecessary items in your car.
6. Use cruise control: When driving on the highway, use cruise control to help maintain a consistent speed and conserve fuel.
7. Plan your route: Avoid heavy traffic and congested areas if possible, and try to take the most direct route to your destination.
8. Turn off the engine: If you’re idling for more than a minute or two, turn off the engine to conserve fuel.
9. Pay attention to aerodynamics: Avoid driving with windows and sunroofs open, as this can decrease aerodynamics and increase fuel consumption.
10. Combine trips: Plan your errands so you can make multiple stops in a single trip, rather than making multiple trips throughout the day.
Safe Travels – Addey Icon DME
We offer special services and pricing for Fleet Services, as we are there on your schedule when your fleet is idle.
Getting Ready for your DOT Annual Inspection – Steps to Take – Checklist